Thanks for your interest in joying our team!
Our teachers create opportunities for child-centered inquiry, for purposeful play in support of essential learning, for building community with children in the classroom, and for children to construct their own knowledge.
Our center is staffed with qualified Early Childhood Educators, resource teachers and support staff who are committed to creating a stimulating environment for the children and facilitate an ongoing, open relationship with you, and parents.
We believe everyone has something extraordinary to offer and share. Our vision is to encourage real-life interactions in today’s increasingly virtual world and put a smile on everyone’s face.
Small Steps and Aurora Early learning Centre team
Part Time. Afternoon Hours. 8 hours pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays (1 Position)
Small Steps Early Learning Centre
This job description describes general terms and responsibilities that employees will be expected to undertake; however, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post due to business needs.
- Daily Reporting and Record Keeping- Attendance, Allergy, Medication, Communication Logs
- Assist in planning an engaging curriculum based on children's interests
- Assist in the educational and social development of children under the direction and guidance of Aurora Early Learning Centre, and classroom teachers
- Provide support for children in the classroom and enable them to fully participate in activities
- Maintain up-to-date attendance, and health and safety checks
- Work with professionals, such as Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Early Interventionists as necessary
- Plan programs and curriculum in accordance with "How Does Learning Happen?"
- Support children through transitions in and out of the classrooms
- Manage and maintain an orderly classroom - follow cleaning schedules and room routines
- Meet all classroom ratios as outlined in C.C.E.Y.A and ELECT
- Participate and interact in team meetings and workshops
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
Specifications and Expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to communicate at all levels with children, coworkers, and parents
- Ability to utilize See saw an asset.
- Energetic, Enthusiastic and creative
- Supportive attitude, and ability to provide emotional, physical, or behavioral support to children
- Highly Organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and team player
- Ability to take initiative in and out of the classroom
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proactive in relation to health and safety
- Once a month expected to stay for extra 30 minutes for meetings
- Must be available for shifts between 7:00 am to 6:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Must be able to work outdoors as the children need to get fresh air when weather permitted all year-round
- Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort such as lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
- Educational Technology Proficiencies. Please list the electronic and online productivity tools that you are familiar with (email, calendar, project management, MS Office, blogs, web office, Promethean or other interactive boards) and your level of proficiency.
- Educational background in a related field is considered an asset
- Up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check that has been completed for Small Steps Early Learning Centre if candidate has been selected for the position.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
- 2 Step TB test, immunization (Tetanus, MMR) within last year