Thanks for your interest in joying our team!
Our teachers create opportunities for child-centered inquiry, for purposeful play in support of essential learning, for building community with children in the classroom, and for children to construct their own knowledge.
Our center is staffed with qualified Early Childhood Educators, resource teachers and support staff who are committed to creating a stimulating environment for the children and facilitate an ongoing, open relationship with you, and parents.
We believe everyone has something extraordinary to offer and share. Our vision is to encourage real-life interactions in today’s increasingly virtual world and put a smile on everyone’s face.
Small Steps Early learning Centre team
Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
For May-June 2019 (Interviews in place)
This job description describes general terms and responsibilities that employees will be expected to undertake; however, the job or duties described may vary or be amended from time to time without changing the level of responsibility associated with the post due to business needs.
• Daily Reporting and Record Keeping - Attendance, Allergy, Medication, Communication Logs
• Plan and develop program webs in line with children's interests. Monthly calendars will be provided so that teachers are able to create a program that meets all targets to engage all children
• Programming must be child directed, and teacher supported in accordance with "How Does Learning Happen?"
• Support children with emotional, physical, or behavioral problems and help develop their social, emotional, cognitive and physical skills
• Provide support for children in the classroom and enable them to fully participate in activities
• Maintain up-to-date emergency cards, attendance, and health and safety checks
• Work with professionals, such as Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Early Interventionists as necessary
• Support children through transitions in and out of the classrooms, program reporting
• Manage and maintain an orderly classroom - follow cleaning schedules and room routines
• Meet all classroom ratios as outlined in CCEYA
• Participate and interact in team meetings and workshops
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time
Specifications and expectations:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English - ability to communicate at all levels with children, coworkers, and parents. Any other language is an asset.
• Ability to utilize see-saw system for all documentation, reporting, and comunication with parents.
• Supportive attitude, and ability to provide emotional, physical, or behavioral support to children
• Highly Organized with a strong attention to detail
• Strong collaboration and team player
• Energetic, Enthusiastic and creative
• Ability to take initiative in and out of the classroom
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proactive in relation to health and safety
• Once a month expected to stay for extra 30 minutes for meetings
• Must be available for shifts between 7:00 am and 6:30 pm Monday to Friday
• Must be able to work outdoors as the children need to get fresh air when weather permitted all year-round
• Ability to use frequent light to medium physical effort such as lifting up to 20 kg (44 lbs.), bending and stooping
• Educational Technology Proficiency. Please list the electronic and online productivity tools that you are familiar with (email, calendar, project management, MS Office, blogs, web office, Promethean or other interactive boards) and your level of proficiency.
• Formal training in Early Childhood Education from a recognized College or University
• Member of the College of ECE's, in good standing
• Up-to-date Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check that has been completed for Small Steps Early Learning Centre.
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
• 2 Step TB test, immunization (Tetanus, MMR) within last year